Lefkada island. Acquaintance to kitesurfing
Kite-surf is actually a combination of many other sports (windsurfing, water-ski, wakeboard, paragliding) with the rider to use a small vessel (board), which he controls it while he holds the boom, which connects him with a long rope to the kite.
The main feature that characterizes the kite-surf is the force of buoyancy, which the rider can use to pull himself up, making very high jumps and impressive manoeuvres.
This force is the feature that makes kite-surf to stand out from the other water sports where the rider uses the power of traction (or of the board, like as wakeboard or water ski) or of the sail (like as windsurf), with which, however, he is a whole and he has a limited ability of jumps, since the traction does not push the rider up and therefore has no the assets, which offers the long rope (20 – 30m) of kite in combination, always, with the force of buoyancy.
One of the best locations of Lefkada and generally of the Greek area is Ai Giannis that apart from the beautiful beach, it has strong winds that make it ideal for learning sports such as windsurfing and kitesurfing.
Advantages of kitesurfing
- WIND. The wind, that athletes need, is not necessary to be much strong since 2-3 bft are quite enough for someone to perform impressive manoeuvres and high jumps.
Even at the height of 15 to 30 meters above the sea where the kite flies, we have the phenomenon of ground effect with the wind to be up to 40% stronger than the sea surface where the kite-surfer is sailing, giving him the opportunity to do kite with little wind.
- LEARNING. Having the help of a trainer for 2 to 3 hours, a novice can achieve the waterstart and make his first course.
- COST. The acquisition of the equipment is relatively cheap.
- TRANSFER. The equipment is small and light, so the transfer is easy and less expensively since it not need the traction of a motor.
- BUOYANCY. The kite-surfer feels the uniqueness of the third dimension, which none can feel in any other sport, that is the force of buoyancy. Thanks to this, the athlete can perform jumps, even in calm water and in a short time since the learning is much easier than any other sport.
For your stay in Lefkada, you can book a room in one of the hotels and Bed & Breakfast inns.
In the town of Lefkada, as well as in many other areas of the island, there are hotels and accommodations of various categories and types (rooms to let, residences, Bed & Breakfast inns, studios, hostels, guesthouses and furnished apartments) that can satisfy every visitor's demands and needs for a pleasant and enjoyable stay.
You will find wonderful hotels, rooms and apartments to let of all categories and price ranges.
Access to attractions and various locations of Lefkada is quick and easy due to the short distances.
See details for
For your convenience, you can use the route map on the field "Routes" with information about the mileage, the time you need and the route you will follow, selecting the points of interest.