Easter in Tinos: a spiritual atmosphere!
An island full of wind, faith and waiting for a miracle. An island of an unique charm, that you discover through its beautiful villages. This is Tinos. At "bride of Cyclades", as the travelers and poets call her, the period of Easter is an alter experience. Live it!
Dressed in spring, Tinos, the island of incredible beauty, celebrates in a unique way... The temple of Euaggelistria with the miraculous image is undoubtedly, the center of faith of the island and in all Greece.
Though, the charm of this island, unknown to many, hides in the forty bright villages, that decorates it with architectural beauty.
Houses with marble windows, numerous churches, that rises from hills and other times next to wave, around the island and friendly people, that makes you feel as an old friend and not just a visitor...
In its grounds great artists were born, as Chalepas, Guzis, Litras, Sohos, Filippotis, Vitalis and many more well-known artists that their displays will stay in the eternity... Apart from that, Tinos, is considered to be an extraordinary crib of civilization, the long-time connection of two christian religions, Orthodox and Catholic, that develope the cultural level and tha culture of the island.
- The temple of Euaggelistria with the miraculous image of Panagia
- The village Kardiani with the small streets and the amazing view towards the sea
- The village Isternia
- The traditional villages of Triantaros, Dio Choria and Volax
- The famous pigeon nests in Tarabados
- The beautiful village of Falatados
- The Tower made of marble and seaside Panormo for ouzo
- The monastery of Koimisis Theotokos (" Lady of Angels" ), of 10th century, in Kehrovouni mountain
(10’ from the city)
- The monastery of Iera Kardia of Jesus, Xombourgo, of the greatest points of worship of Catholic Church (20’ from port)
- Xomporgo and Catholic churches
- Port of Isternia for fresh fish next to the wave
- The beach Kolimbithra for ouzo with view towards the sea
- The amazing museum of Marbles at Tower (Tel.: 22830.31.290)
- The museum Kostas Tsoklis, with creations of the famous painter, at the village of Kambos in Tinos (10 km from Chora). (Tel. 22830.51.009)
- The interesting museum of Traditional Ceramic of Tinos in Aetofolia village (12 km from Chora).
For your accommodation in the island of Panagia, Tinos, you can book a room in one of the hotels or rooms to let.
In Tinos, but also in other areas of the island, there are some hotels, rooms to let, furnished apartments and studios, of all categories and types that can satisfy the demands of the visitors, for a pleasant and delighting stay.
You will find excellent hotels, guesthouses and rooms to let of all categories and with diversity in prices.
The island connects daily to Rafina port by ferry boat and high speed boats.
Connected also with many islands of Cyclades: Paros, Naxos, Syros, Folegandros, Ios, Santorini etc. also with Crete directly or through Milos or many times through Sifnos.
In the island there is regular transportation to go to many areas and beaches.
For your convenience you can use location map in the next section of the page (Routes) with information about the kilometrical distance, the time you will need and the route you will follow, choosing from the spots that will interest you.