Beaches in Folegandros island
The beaches in Folegandros are many and varied. Others are easily accessible and for others you should be in the mood for walking or to own a boat. The main beaches are:
- Hochlidia - It's a beach with sand and pebbles and is located in the Karavostasis port. It does not usually have waves and on one side of it the sea is shallow.
- Katergo - Located on the southeastern side of the harbor in an uninhabited area. It is a pebbled beach without much shade. One can go there either by boat from Karavostassis or on foot starting from Livadi.
- Livadi - Located in the southeastern part of the island in a sparsely populated area. It is a pebbled beach with sand and has plenty of shade.
- Agkali - Located in a residential area in the south of the island. It has fine sand and one can go there by bus, by car or by boat.
- Agios Nikolaos - Located near Agkali in an uninhabited area. It is a beach with small pebbles, sand and shady trees.
- Livadaki - This beach is located near Faros in Aspropounta, in an uninhabited area. There is no road access to this beach. There's not much shade and the beach has small white pebbles.
- Ampeli - Located on the southwestern side of the island in an uninhabited area. This beach can only be reached on foot or by a private boat. It is a beach with pebbles and stones where there is also shade.
- Agios Georgios - Located in the southeast of the island in an uninhabited area. One can go either on foot or by car. This beach has sand and pebbles and there is also shade.
- Vorina - Located in the north of the island, an uninhabited area where one can go only on foot. This beach has the characteristic green stone of Folegandros and no shade.
- Serfiotiko - Located in the north of the island in an uninhabited area where one can go only on foot. This beach has sand, pebbles and rocks.
For your stay in Folegandros, you can book a room in one of the hotels and Bed & Breakfast inns.
In the town of Folegandros (Chora), as well as in many other areas of the island, there are hotels and accommodations of various categories and types (rooms to let, residences, Bed & Breakfast inns, studios, hostels, guesthouses and furnished apartments) that can satisfy every visitor's demands and needs for a pleasant and enjoyable stay.
You will find wonderful hotels, rooms and apartments to let of all categories and price ranges.
From Piraeus, trip duration is 9 hours through the route of Western Cyclades (Folagandros, Kithnos, Serifos, Folegandros, Kimolos and Milos) and 11 hours through the route of Eastern Cyclades (Folegandros, Paros, Naxos, Ios, Sikinos, Santorini and Anafi).
Folegandros - Siros: 5,5 hours
Folegandros - Naxos: 2,5 hours
Folegandros - Paros: 3,5 hours
Folegandros - Western Cyclades
Local routes connect Folegandros all year with Anafi, Thirasia, Ios, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Sikinos and Siros.
There is a local bus that goes to Karavostasi, Chora and Ano Meria.
For your convenience, you can use the route map on the field “Routes” with information about the mileage, the time you need and the route you will follow, selecting the points of interest.