Beaches in Anafi island
Beaches in Anafi island constitute a comparative advantage for the island, in view of its unsullied, exotic character, which attracts visitors who enjoy remote landscapes. At the same time, the rocky coastline is particularly interesting to many categories of visitors..
Beaches: not organized
Access: By car or puplic transport. In some beaches you will have to walk a while to get to the beach.
*There are no scheduled boat routes.
- Kameni Lagada. Pebbly remote beach.
- Vagia. Pebbly remote beach with no road access.
- Prassa. Pebbly remote beach with no road access.
- Kalagathi. Pebbly remote beach with no road access.
- Agios Georgios bay. Cove with the eponymous chapel.
- Symiakos. Cove at the island’s northernmost edge.
The Popular South coasts..
- Kleisidi. Splendid sandy beach - taverns.
- Agios Nikolaos bay. The Port of Anafi.
- Katsouni. Access to Katsouni beach is possible only through the path from Kleisidi - Remote little cove with fine golden sand and transparent waters.
- Mikros Roukounas. Remote little cove with fine golden sand and transparent waters.
- Megalos Roukounas. Anafi's most popular sandy beach about 400 metres long - tavern.
- Flamourou. Remote little cove with fine golden sand and transparent waters.
- Katalimatsa. Small beach known from the remains of the ancient port.
- (Mega) Megalos Potamos. Pebbly beach.
- Agios Ioannis
- Agii Anargiri. Small beach surrounded by steep cliffs and framed by the eponymous country chapel.
- Monastiri - Prasies Bay. Small bay, former seaport of the Monastery and disembarkation point for pilgrims; the bay is enclosed by the majestic volume of Kalamos.
South of Anafi is also Anafopoula islet that looks like a satellite of the island...
Source: GNTO, Municipality of Anafi
For your stay in Anafi, you can book a room in one of the hotels and Bed & Breakfast inns.
In the town of Anafi (Chora), as well as in many other areas of the island, there are hotels and accommodations of various categories and types (rooms to let, residences, Bed & Breakfast inns, studios, hostels, guesthouses and furnished apartments) that can satisfy every visitor's demands and needs for a pleasant and enjoyable stay.
You will find wonderful hotels, rooms and apartments to let of all categories and price ranges.
Anafi - Piraeus: 3 times a week (through Paros, Naxos, Ios, Sikinos, Folegandros, Santorini, Kithnos, Serifos, Sifnos, Milos).
Anafi - Santorini: almost every day. 2 hours duration. Anafi also connects with Ios, Sikinos, Folegandros, Naxos, Paros, Mykonos, Siros, Kithnos and Kea.
Whenever a ship arrives in Anafi there is a bus that takes you from the port to Chora and vice versa. Also the bus takes you to all areas of Anafi.
For your convenience, you can use the route map on the field “Routes” with information about the mileage, the time you need and the route you will follow, selecting the points of interest.