Nikiti, for unique holidays
The beautiful town of Nikiti is the capital of Sithonia Municipality, in Halkidiki.
It lies in a relatively short distance from Thessaloniki (90 km), at the beginning of Sithonia’s peninsula.
It is a tourist resort in a beautiful natural environment that uniquely combines the sea and the mountain.
In recent years presents a significant tourism development (especially during summer), with tourism being one of the main occupations of the inhabitants, while, to that fact, has significantly contributed the excellent beach with the beautiful clear water (it is no coincidence that it has awarded with the Blue Flag), combined with easy access, organization and facilities for visitors.
Other important occupations are the olive oil production and the beekeeping.
Its history begins with the founding of the first settlement in the 14th century and from the 50s starts spreading to the beach.
The area offers for your stay of varyingtypes and categories hotels, rooms and apartments.
Many restaurants and entertainment places will fill your requirements for an enjoyable vacation.
The golden beaches of the area with the blue waters and the pine forests that reach the sea will captivate you and certainly will fully satisfy even the most demanding visitors.
- On Sept. 15, festival in honor of Saint.
- On May 9, Saint Christopher, festival by the Apiculture Cooperative SITHON and the Hunters Association
- On June 29, St. Paul, a feast in the homonymous district of Nikiti
- The first Saturday of Great Lent, Saints Theodori, festival on the beach of Nikiti and
- on July 27, St. Panteleimon, festival in the homonymous location
- End of July is the Honey festival, which aims to the knowledge of the secrets of honey and the other bee products such as bee pollen, royal jelly and propolis.
Products of the region
- Honey. The area is important in honey production with the average annual production to exceed 900 tones (10% of the Greek annual production) in different varieties of honey, with the main to be the pine honey, wild flower honey, forest honey, “Erika” and many other varieties from flower honeys such as “vamvakomelo”, “melikompos”, “sunflower”, “orange”, “chestnut” etc.).
- Wine. The systematic cultivation of vines in the region has resulted in the excellent grape variety, that produce wines of high quality, with the main representative the great wines of “Porto Karras”, but also the wines produced by smaller producers.
- Tsipouro. There is a remarkable production of tsipouro with special feature the very interesting process of its production.
- Olive Oil - Olives. The very good and favorable climate of Sithonia for the cultivation of olive oil contributes to the excellent quality, among the best varieties in the world. Very tasty are also the olives.
- Livestock products. Pure dairy products are produced and excellent meats are supplied to the butcher shops and many catering shops.
- Fish. You will find fresh fish and you can enjoyed them cooked in the taverns or to purchase them from the fishmongers.
Useful telephone numbers
|Prefecture of Halkidiki:||23710.22.269|
|Sithonia Municipality:||23750.22.005, fax: 23750.23.242|
|Police - Agios Nikolaos:||23750.31.111|
|Police - Neos Marmaras:||23750.71.242, 23750.71.385, 23750.71.111|
|Police – Nikiti:||23750.22.200|
|Tourist Police - Agios Nikolaos:||23750.31.208|
|Health Center of Agios Nikolaos:||23750.31.789, 23750.31.788|
|Rural Clinic of Neos Marmaras:||23750.71.208|
|Cottage Hospital of Nikiti:||23750.22.222|
|Port Authority of Neos Marmaras:||23750.71.933|
|Taxi - Agios Nikolaos:||23750.31.324|
|Taxi - Neos Marmaras:||23750.71.500|
|Customs - Agios Nikolaos:||23750.31.523|
|Agricultural Co - Nikiti:||23750.23.244|
For your stay in Halkidiki, you can book a room in one of the hotels and Bed & Breakfast inns.
In Nikiti, as well as in many other areas of Halkidiki, there are hotels and accommodations of various categories and types (rooms to let, residences, Bed & Breakfast inns, studios, hostels, guesthouses and furnished apartments) that can satisfy every visitor's demands and needs for a pleasant and enjoyable stay.
You will find wonderful hotels, rooms and apartments to let of all categories and price ranges.
You can access Halkidiki by car through the road network.
The best way to explore the area is to have your own car and is worth to visit places that are not accesible by the local public transport and tours.
Moving around within Halkidiki is made possible by using the bus from Halkidiki, with regular routes between areas.
The airline connection of Halkidiki is via the "Macedonia" airport.
See details for
For your convenience, you can use the route map on the field “Routes” with information about the mileage, the time you need and the route you will follow, selecting the points of interest.