Guide for Tsipouradiko
Volos and Nea Ionia are famous for the many amazing traditional tsipouradika, which offer exceptional and delicious appetizers along with tsipouro.
Delights for noon and night.
Tsipouradika-bars are open in noon and night except some that are only in noon.
It is worth looking for them.
Meet the whole rite
- You never order in tsipouradiko.
You just show by your fingers how many tsipoura you want (i.e. for you and your company).
- The appetizers are waiter’s job.
You do not intervene. Commonly these appetizers are seafood and various other tidbits of baked potato and eggplant, fried cheese, to accompany each order of tsipouro.
- Delicious tsipouro-appetizers.
- Octopus, pickles, eggplant, potato salad, tuna salad, marinated anchovies, octopus meetballs, anchovies in vine, clams, mussel risotto, crab, clams, breskooures, baked potato, fish, mackerel, sardine, fried skate, smoked mackerel, stuffed calamari, fried shrimp, spit seafood, grilled cuttlefish with garlic, beetroot salad with walnuts and garlic, crayfish etc.
- In each new order the appetizers are different.
(no one was ever able to taste all the delicacies in tsipouradika)
- The bottles of 25ml remain on the table until you leave, regardless of how many they are.
- Selected appetizers.Usually they come late. Fouskes, breskooures, octopus ink sautéed with butter.
For your stay in Magnesia, you can book a room in one of the hotels and Bed & Breakfast inns.
In Volos, as well as in many other areas of Pelion, there are hotels and accommodations of various categories and types (rooms to let, residences, Bed & Breakfast inns, studios, hostels, guesthouses and furnished apartments) that can satisfy every visitor's demands and needs for a pleasant and enjoyable stay.
You will find wonderful hotels, rooms and apartments to let of all categories and price ranges.
You can find a list of hotels and rooms to let, as well as special offers for low cost holidays, in the list of lodgings in the area and the accommodation offers and deals.
You can access Magnesia by car through the road network.
The best way to explore the area is to have your own car and is worth to visit places that are not accesible by the local public transport and tours.
Moving around within Magnesia is made possible by using the bus from Magnesia, with regular routes between areas.
For your convenience, you can use the route map on the field “Routes” with information about the mileage, the time you need and the route you will follow, selecting the points of interest.
See details for