Best beaches in Hydra island
Hydra has several pebbly and sandy beaches. You can access Hydra's beaches by foot, donkeys or water taxis and boats with frequent routes, as there are no vehicles on the island.
Some of them are:
- Mpisti (or Bisti - pebbly organized beach at the southwestern tip of the island, ideal for diving and snorkeling)
- Agios Nikolaos (pebbly organized beach with crystal clear waters at a bay on the southwest side of Hydra and slopes covered with pine)
- Mandraki (pebbly and sandy beach on the east side of the island with water sports)
- Spilia (Cave) and Hydroneta (close to the Port, rocky, ideal for diving from the rocks of the cave and the platform of Hydroneta)
- Vlichos Plakes (with crystal clear waters, taverns and the church of Agia Paraskevi located on a rock)
- Agios Georgios (beach on the west coast close to Mpitsi)
- Kaoumithi and Nisiza (pebbly and sandy beaches, reached by water taxi)
- Limioniza (beautiful pebbly beach on the south coast, ideal for snorkeling)
|Beaches on the map|| All the beaches in Hydra island
For your stay in Hydra, you can book a room in one of the hotels and Bed & Breakfast inns.
In the town of Hydra, as well as in many other areas of the island, there are hotels and accommodations of various categories and types (rooms to let, residences, Bed & Breakfast inns, studios, hostels, guesthouses and furnished apartments) that can satisfy every visitor's demands and needs for a pleasant and enjoyable stay.
You will find wonderful hotels, rooms and apartments to let of all categories and price ranges.
From the harbour of Piraeus in front of the church of Saint Spyridona leave daily flying dolphins and catamaran, in very frequent itineraries.
The way up to Hydra is approximately about one hour and ten minutes (1,10 ').
By car you can go up to Ermioni. You leave it there and go to Hydra by Flying Dolphin or water taxi.
For your convenience, you can use the route map on the field “Routes” with information about the mileage, the time you need and the route you will follow, selecting the points of interest.