Beaches in Ouranoupolis
Beautiful beaches are framing the Ouranoupolis. You will find them in relatively short distances and for the more demanding people, there are many excellent beaches which you can visit by boats from the small port village.
Some of the beaches worth seeing up close are:
- Drenia islets. The small islands known by the locals as Gaidouronisia are a group of islets less than two miles from Ouranoupolis and Ammouliani. You can reach them with your own boat or you can rent a small boat easily without having a diploma, from Ouranoupoli or from Kamoudi.
Also you can go by boats that run regularly from 10 am to 6 pm and the start point is from Skala of Ouranoupoli in front of the Tower. For your lunch or for your coffee you will find a small tavern.
- Porto Agio. It is one of the many beaches of the region that are awarded the blue flag. It is organized and there are a Beach Bar and a restaurant.
- Arsanas. It is located on the borders of Mount Athos (Agion Oros) after Ouranoupolis and takes its name from the monastic arsana (the seaside building which is used as a port for the transfer of goods and persons) which is at this point.
It is three kilometres of dirt road from the village, with a relatively difficult access because it is rocky.
- Akrathos. It is another beach that is awarded the blue flag. It is organized with a Beach Bar and a restaurant.
- Xenia. Also it has been awarded a blue flag. It is organized with a Beach Bar and a restaurant.
- Alexandros. Another beach awarded the blue flag. It is organized with a Beach Bar and a restaurant.
- Eagles Palace. Another beach is awarded the blue flag. It is organized with a Beach Bar and a restaurant.
- Alykes. It is located at the back of the village of Ammouliani. You can go by your own vessel or by a rented boat but also by car from the village of Ammouliani.
The taverns for food and recreation are filling the magnificent scenery.
- Agios Georgios. It is located in Ammouliani from the side facing to Ouranoupolis.
You can go by your own vessel or by a rented boat but also by car from the village of Ammouliani.
On the reverse side of Ammouliani, there are many other small beaches that are worth the visit even though it takes a boat to approach. Also, by boat, you can visit several beaches that are located at the islands around Ammouliani. It is an experience you must live.
For your stay in Halkidiki, you can book a room in one of the hotels and Bed & Breakfast inns.
In Ouranoupolis, as well as in many other areas of Halkidiki, there are hotels and accommodations of various categories and types (rooms to let, residences, Bed & Breakfast inns, studios, hostels, guesthouses and furnished apartments) that can satisfy every visitor's demands and needs for a pleasant and enjoyable stay.
You will find wonderful hotels, rooms and apartments to let of all categories and price ranges.
You can access Halkidiki by car through the road network.
The best way to explore the area is to have your own car and is worth to visit places that are not accesible by the local public transport and tours.
Moving around within Halkidiki is made possible by using the bus from Halkidiki, with regular routes between areas.
The airline connection of Halkidiki is via the "Macedonia" airport.
See details for
For your convenience, you can use the route map on the field “Routes” with information about the mileage, the time you need and the route you will follow, selecting the points of interest.